Trying to run build an Android application and “Android studio no target device found” is the error that you are getting, then I am here to help you out.
This one is one of the common issues that you would face while you try to build your first Android app. However, fixing the error is not as complicated as it seems.
The error simply means that there is no device that can be used to run the Android app that you have built. So if you do provide Android Studio, a device to run the Android app, you will get rid of the error.
Anyway, to make you understand in a better way let me just go ahead and share all the steps that you have to follow to fix this no target device found error:
How to fix Android Studio No Target Device Found Error?
Step 1: Check If All The Essential Packages Are Installed Or Not
Before you go ahead and fix the error, the first thing that we need to do is make sure that all the essential packages are installed.
So to check this, you will need to go ahead and follow these steps:
1. At first, launch Android Studio from your computer.
2. From the top navigation menu, go to the SDK manager.
3. Select the SDK tools tab.
4. Over here look, if the Android SDK Build-Tools, Android Emulator, Android SDK Platform-Tools, and Android SDK tools are installed or not.
5. If any of these packages are not installed, do download them. Also, if there is any update, you can consider updating them as well.
Step 2: Create A Virtual Device
As the error says, no target device found. Hence we have to create a target device. So Android studio can use it to run the Android app.
To create a virtual device, here are all the steps that you will need to follow:
1. From the Android Studio, go to Tools.
2. Then go to AVD Manager.
3. Over here, click on the “+Create Virtual Device” button.
4. Next, you will need to select “Nexus 5x”. Or you can choose any other device according to your preference and hit the Next button.
5. Then you will need to download your preferred Android version. For this tutorial, I have selected Nougat. However, you can download any of your favorite Android version and click on the Next button.
6. Next, give your AVD device a name or leave it as it is and hit the Finish button.
7. Then, wait for a couple of moments and let the virtual device create.
8. Once done, you can click on the build app button to run your Android app.
So that was the fix for the Android Studio no target device found error. Now go ahead and try these steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, if there is anything you would like to ask or any problem that you are facing. Then do feel free to comment below, and I will surely help you out with your query.