Wondering how to reset tp link router? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. Resetting a router is beneficial in quite a lot of ways, it helps you to make sure that the router is not badly configured. Also, you must reset a router when you try to reconfigure it.
However, there are quite a lot of users available out there who do not know how to reset a router. In case if the same goes with you as well, then let me just go ahead and share a step by step guide on how to reset a tp link router.
So here we go:
How To Reset A TP-Link Router?
Before you go ahead and reset your TP-Link router, you should know this will erase all the existing settings of your router. And all the settings will be set at the default settings. So in case if you are going to configure your router with the same details, then I would recommend you to take a backup of the settings or note down the IP address, SSIDs, and other details.
Also, you can reset your router in two different ways. And I am going to explain both of the options one by one below:
Method 1: Use WPS/Reset Button
Using the WPS/Reset button is the easiest way to reset your TP link router. All you have to do is press a button, and you are good to go. For a better understanding, do follow these steps:
- At first, locate the WPS/Reset button on your router.
- Then use a pin to press and hold down the WPS/Reset button for about 10-15 seconds. Soon you will see that the SYS led has started to blink.
- Finally, release the reset button and wait for your router to finish rebooting itself. Once it is rebooted, you are all set to configure your router.
Method 2: Reset TP Link Router Using Dashboard
If you cannot access the TP Link router physically, then you can use the router dashboard to reset the router. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, login to tplinklogin admin page using the router login credentials.
- Then click on System Tools and go to Factory Defaults.
- Finally, click on the restore button and you are all done. After that, you have to wait, and your router will get rebooted to the default settings.
So that was a quick guide for how to reset TP-Link router. Now go ahead and try to follow the above-mentioned steps and see if they are working for you or not. Also, if there is anything you would like to ask, then do feel free to comment below.