Have you ever tried to root your Android device? If your answer is yes, then I am sure you have heard of TWRP. And in case if you are looking ahead to update TWRP on your Android device, then I am here to help you out.
As you already know, Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP is one of the most popular open-source custom recovery for Android devices. Some so many users are using this custom recovery to install third-party firmware and backups to their support as well as, it is widely used for installing custom ROMS, Kernels, and other mods.
And there is no doubt that you must always keep the custom recovery upgraded to the latest version. So the question is how to update TWRP recovery? I am going to answer this question.
So here we go:
How to update TWRP recovery?
There are two ways to upgrade TWRP recovery on your device. These two methods are:
- Using TWRP Recovery Method
- Use The Official TWRP App
I will talk about both of the ways individually. So here we go:
Using TWRP Recovery Method
In this method, we will go ahead and download the latest TWRP update for our device and install it manually. And for this, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, go to the official TWRP website.
- Over here, you need to search for your device and choose your option from the search results.
- On the next page, you have to scroll down, and you will find your download links.
- Next, you find download links with version info. So simply download the latest version of the TWRP recovery. Also, make sure to download the .img file only.
- Once the download is completed, you will need to switch off your device and boot into the recovery mode. For this press power + volume down button at the same time for a few seconds only.
- Next, tap on the install button and then tap on the Install image option.
- After that, you have to browse the .img file, which you have just downloaded.
- Finally, tap on recovery and swipe to confirm flash. Then wait for a couple of minutes and let the process complete, and you are all done.
Use The Official TWRP App
Suppose you do not wish to get into the recovery mode and follow a lengthy process. Let me tell you that there is an official TWRP app available on Google Play Store, which allows you to flash any file without going into the recovery mode.
Steps that you will need to follow:
- First of all, you have to download the Official TWRP App from the Google Play Store.
- Once you download the app, simply launch the app and go to TWRP Flash and grant root permission if you get asked.
- Next, tap on the select device and select your device from the drop-down list.
4. tap on the name of your device, the app will come up with all the available versions of TWRP for your device. Choose the latest one and download the latest .img file.
- Next, you will need to tap on Select a file to flash on the TWRP app and choose the .img file you have just downloaded.
- In the end, tap on Flash to Recovery, and you are all done.
Go ahead and see which one of these two methods are working for you. If there is anything you would like to ask, then do feel free to comment below.