Facing the taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen issue in Windows 10? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out.
There are quite a lot of people who like to use their computer in fullscreen mode. Maybe they are playing some game, watching movies or working on a specific application and does not want any distractions.
But whenever the taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen appears, it is a pretty irritating thing to deal with. However, the good part is that there are a few things that you can do to fix this issue.
And in this article, I am going to talk about these methods only. So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
How to fix the taskbar won’t hide in Fullscreen issue?
1. Update and Restart Windows
One of the first things that you can do is update and restart Windows. There are times when issues like these appear because of some Windows bug. And as Microsoft is always improving Windows and fixing issues by pushing new updates.
Hence, there is a high chance that by updating your Windows, you will be able to fix the issue. Anyway, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- First of all, press Windows Key + I button to open up settings.
- Then click on Update & Security.
- Click on the Check For Updates button.
- If there is any update available, simply download and install it on your computer.
- Restart your computer.
Once you are done with these steps, you can go ahead and try putting your Windows into fullscreen mode. And see if everything is working fine or not.
2. Use F11 Keyboard Shortcut
If you are browsing the internet, using file explorer, or watching a movie and want to use your computer in the fullscreen mode. Then you can try pressing the F11 keyboard shortcut. This one is a quick solution that will make your screen switch to fullscreen mode instantly.
This function works on all the Windows versions out there. So if you have VLC, File Explorer open, then try pressing down the F11 key.
In case if you are using a Laptop or after pressing F11, nothing works out for you. Then you will have to press the Fn+F11 keys combination to put your screen into the fullscreen mode.
3. Try the Autohide feature
The thing about Windows 10 is that it offers you quite a lot of ways to personalize your PC. And one of the features allows you to hide the Taskbar automatically when you are not using it.
As a result, the Taskbar will only appear over your screen when you are using it or hovering your mouse on it. To get started with this feature, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first press Windows Key + I button from your keyboard
- Then click on personalization.
- Now from the left side, select Taskbar. If you do not get to see the option, use the search option to find Taskbar related settings.
- After that, go to Auto-hide the taskbar settings.
- Lastly, you have to enable the auto-hide feature and click on Apply and OK button.
4. Restart Windows Explorer
The last thing that you can try out is restarting your Windows Explorer. Restarting Windows Explorer is a lot faster than restarting Windows 10. And to do so, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, right click on the taskbar and go to Task Manager. (Shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).
- Then scroll down a bit, and you will get to see the Windows Explorer option under the Apps.
- Right click on it and select Restart.
- Once you do so, your Windows will disappear for a few seconds, and some apps will shutdown.
After that, try putting your computer into the fullscreen mode and see if you are still getting the same taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen issue or not.
So that was all for the taskbar won’t hide in the fullscreen issue. Now go ahead and check out these steps and see if they are working for you or not. Also, if there is anything you would like to ask me, then do feel free to comment below.